Training log 10/19 to 10/25

I slept a lot today. I did a 10 mile bike ride to the bike shop to pick up some new brake cables. Then I did a couple hours of karate class.

I rode my bike to the community center. I swam 1.2 miles (42 laps) in a easy/slow 58:38. I alternated between front crawl and back crawl. Then I rode my bike home. Maybe next time I will try to do more front crawl. Maybe three lengths front crawl, one length back crawl. We’ll see.

When I got home from work, (after letting the dog, checking the mail, etc) I started running my intervals. Unfortunatly I didn’t get far. I ran a little over a half mile warm up. I ran 2 x 1000m intervals @ 6:30 pace, and then had to get ready for karate class. After karate class, I came home and did another half mile warmup, then ran another 3 x 1000m intervals.

I rode my bike to the community center. Geez it was cold. I need to wear gloves, and something under my helmet to cover my ears. I swam a mile. I swam a lot more freestyle tonight. I tried to do 50 yard intervals. I worked at swimming 50 yards as fast as I could. I think my fastest 50 yard lap was 49 seconds. Maybe a little faster. Then I was rest between laps. I did a little backstroke, but mostly freestyle.

I planned to get up early this morning and crank out my run before work. Unfortunatly I got a phone call just before midnight on the support phone I am carrying for work. A wrong number. A minute later they called back. It was still the wrong number. I had a hard time getting back to sleep. Then I slept poorly. But slowly I start to get into a deeper sleep. Then the phone rang again at about 4:30am. Same frigging people! Get a clue! There is no Dr. Gorczyca here! I had set my alarm for 5:45, but ended up hitting the snooze for 20 minutes. I manage to get my run done, minus the cool down mile. I was a little late for work. I was tired all day thanks to being woken up in the middle of the frigging night!

I skipped swimming as time was too tight. I have been squeezing swimming in after work, and before going to karate class. But I needed to pick up my new tires at the bike shop, and needed to go to the post office. So that left little time for swimming. I decided to go swimming on Saturday instead.

I slept in till almost 8am. Then I procrastinated my running. When I finally started my running, I was just lacking energy and motivation. I did manage to finish my scheduled 10 miles. I then took a hot bath and an hour long nap. I considered going swimming, but just lacked the energy and motivation to go. I may try to go tomorrow. I want to ride my bike tomorrow, even if it is on the trainer in front of the TV.